Real-time location and wander management
Real-time location allows you to see where residents and staff are at any moment. Using a next-generation wander management system, you can create and schedule personalized wander boundaries for individual residents and care groups.
Automatic fall detection alerts and help requests
State-of-the-art wearables with advanced algorithms help detect resident falls1. Residents and staff can call for help when they need it. Staff can respond to help requests right away on virtually any device, and know exactly where to go.
Advanced analytics and reporting
Innovative tools like Auto-Witness™ and Breadcrumb Trails™ use location-based analytics to analyze resident incidents. Alerts are sent automatically to staff the moment incidents occur, on virtually any device and reports are auto-saved.
Future-proof cloud platform
Cloud-based technology that can seamlessly push updates and new functionality through the cloud to your system, which can be operated from any desktop, as well as from virtually any iOS or Android mobile device. The platform is also standards-based, which enables the support of technology acceleration and future-proofs your community.
The Philips Cares for Senior Living platform is designed to integrate with third-party systems and devices, such as door lock and access control systems. This seamless integration further expands the capabilities of the platform, while streamlining operational workflows.
Superior staff and family communications
Mobile announcements keep staff connected with their community and mobile chat allows staff and management to quickly communicate. Family members have an insight into their loved one’s health status and daily activity through the Family Wellness Dashboard.
Take the right steps toward a resident and staff solution that can improve care all day, every day
Operator Challenges: Operators of senior living communities must monitor and manage caregiver staff to ensure quality care for their residents. Increased workload, reporting requirements and high caregiver turnover may impact care.
Solution: An easy-to-use cloud-based system with advanced analytics and trend reporting, which may provide:
• Staffing management and reduced overtime
• Workflow and reporting automation
• Clear view of staff at all times
• Potential to increase workforce efficiency
• Potential to improve risk management and overall ROI
Caregiving Challenges: Caregivers in senior living communities are facing increasing resident-to-caregiver ratios, leading to a heavier workload and workplace stress.
Solution: Wearables used by both staff and residents combined with an easy-to-use community dashboard, may provide:
• Clear view of residents at all times
• Proximity alerts to staff and other residents
• Automated reporting process
• Potential to improve work environments and decrease staff stress
• Potential to improve staff rotation efficiency
Resident Challenges: When choosing a senior living community, family members are looking for a safe and secure environment that allows their loved ones to remain independent during the aging journey.
Solution: Comfortable, lightweight wearables with automatic fall detection and wander management, may provide:
• Private 24/7 monitoring
• Fall detection and wander management
• Enhanced feeling of security for residents
• Prolonged senior independence
• Family peace of mind through a wellness portal
Philips Cares for Senior Living Platform
An end-to-end resident and staff safety solution with specially designed wearable devices, receivers and a SaaS-delivered cloud platform.
Provides community operators a clear view of resident activity with 24/7 real-time security and safety monitoring.
• Advanced analytics for trends and reports
• Real-time location on maps of the community
• User-friendly interface
• Event profiles and reports
• Staff are notified about resident events through a 'digital bulletin board'
• Administrators can communicate with mobile staff from their computers
• Alert integration to both Android and iOS devices
• Staff can message each other using their own smartphones
Family Wellness dashboard
Provides families with a comprehensive view into their loved one’s daily activity and safety, regardless of their proximity to the community.
• Improved access to vital information
• Daily updates on residents activity
• Shows step counts and movements
• Accessible through desktop or mobile devices
• Can provide peace of mind for families
Comfortable wearable bands can offer independence through:
• Advanced automatic fall detection1
• Sophisticated deep-learning algorithms
• Notifications and alerts directly to care staff
• "Help me" button
• Determines Real time location
• Activity monitoring
Wireless devices that work with Philips BlueBand wearables to send data to the cloud platform, providing:
• High-accuracy location
• Wireless connectivity to many devices
• Freedom of movement
• Integration with existing WiFi
Confident care is critical
Take the right steps toward a resident and staff solution that can improve care in your community. Fill out the form below to have an initial discussion about your community needs or to schedule an online Philips Cares for Senior Living demo. To speak to an account manager, please call us at 1-800-816-4885.
1. The Philips Cares for Senior Living system does not detect 100% of falls. If able, users should always push their BlueBand button when they need assistance. BlueBand signal range may vary due to differing environmental factors.