Many seniors worry about falling and not being able to summon help. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that one in three seniors aged 65 or over falls each year, and that falls are the leading cause of fatal and nonfatal injuries among seniors. If you’re healthy, you don’t want the fear of falling to restrict your active lifestyle. As an active senior, you can find peace of mind with mobile medical alert systems — in turn, these devices can spell many more years of independent living and worry-free freedom.
Tips for Seniors to Compare Mobile Medical Alert Systems
When you’re looking for a mobile alert device, look at several systems, compare their features and prices, and read the contracts. Features you’ll want to look for include:
1. Ease of Use/Comfort/Waterproofing Mobile medical alert systems only work if you use them.
2. Stable Company Ensure that your device was established by a company with a good reputation.
3. Stamp of Approval Check that this device is approved by healthcare professionals.
4. Popular with Consumers Do other seniors recommend this device?
5. Reliable Response Center A US-based response system that’s open 24-7, 365 days a year.
6. Fall Detection – Ensure that the device detects falls and can automatically summon help when necessary.
7. Phone and Location Technologies – Does the device include multiple, state-of-the-art technologies that can pinpoint your location?
The Philips GoSafe — Respected Brand, Reliable Service
Philips Lifeline has provided seniors and their families with peace of mind for more than 40 years. As the top provider in the United States, Philips helps protect more seniors than any other service thanks to the recommendations of more than 200,000 healthcare professionals. The GoSafe smart pendant is comfortable and waterproof, so you can wear it 24-7. Most importantly, access to help is always a button’s press away, connecting you to a US-based response center night or day, 365 days a year. If you’re unable to press the button and a fall is detected, the auto-detect feature contacts the response center. There’s no costly equipment to buy and no long-term contracts to sign.
Philips GoSafe’s Superior Location Technologies
While other mobile medical alert systems might rely on one or two location technologies, the Philips GoSafe system uses six advanced technologies to pinpoint your location:
- Assisted GPS
- Wi-Fi–enhanced locating
- In-home communicator
- Two-way voice communication
- Audio beacon
- Intelligent, digital “bread crumbs” designed to keep track of your location
When you’re away from home and you fall, push the button on your smart pendant. The system can signal forhelp, transmit your exact location to the response center, and connect you with a professional you can talk to through the built-in two-way voice communication feature.
How the Philips GoSafe Works When You’re at Home
If you fall while you’re at home, it doesn’t matter what kind of phone system you have in your house — the Philips GoSafe works independently of your telephone. At home, GoSafe uses the in-home communicator to provide your location to the response center.
As an active, independent older adult, you shouldn’t have to worry about falling and being left without help. Wearing today’s best mobile medical alert system relieves you and your loved ones of that worry and allows you to pursue your active lifestyle.