The different lights and messages of your Lifeline Communicator mean various things. Read on to better understand what your Communicator is indicating in these circumstances:
Green light is solid, yellow and red lights are off:
Your Communicator is connected properly and ready for use.
Green light is flashing while yellow light is on, or both green and yellow lights are flashing:
Push the Reset button and listen to the announcement for information on what may be happening. If it says:
- “Your phone line is not connected. Please check the phone cord.” Confirm that the Communicator is plugged into an active phone source.
- “No power is detected. Please check the power cord.” Confirm that the Communicator is plugged into a working power outlet.
- “A phone is off the hook. Please check other phones in your home.” Make sure that all phones in the home are hung up and not in use.
It is normal for the green and yellow lights on the Communicator to blink while the phone is in use, but the blinking should stop a few seconds after the phone is hung up. This also applies if something else is using the phone line, such as a FAX machine or an Internet connection.
Red Light Is Flashing
Confirm that the power cord is connected to your Communicator and to a working power outlet. If the red light continues to flash, Philips Lifeline will contact you if any action is required. To learn more about specific indications, push the Reset button and listen to the announcement. Here are two common examples:
- “Unit Battery Low.” When a Lifeline battery is low, it is still working properly. Philips Lifeline will contact you to arrange the replacement of your Communicator when/if applicable.
- “Personal Help Button, Code ####, requires service.” When a Lifeline battery is low, it is still working properly. Philips Lifeline will contact you to arrange the replacement of your Personal Help Button when/if applicable.